Hotel Burj al Arab is one of the most famous hotels in the world. It is centrally located in Dubai and is built in the sea, a few meters from the coast. The Burj al Arab is listed in some statistics as the only 7 star hotel in the world, although the official statistics of hotel stars only goes up to 5 stars. Many experts call the hotel before Dubai the best hotel in the world. One can also eat in the restaurants of the Burj al Arab, if one does not spend the night there.
The luxury hotel Burj al Arab is something like the landmark of Dubai. It was opened in 1999. The hotel has a height of 321 meters and belongs to the top 5 of the highest hotels in the world.
The Burj al Arab is extremely luxurious. There are no simple rooms, only apartments (suites), none smaller than about 170 square meters. Larger apartments have up to 800 m². All apartments have at least 2 floors.
Of course there are also swimming pools, fitness clubs and the like. Such things usually happen twice, separately for men and women. Of course you can also go to the hotel’s own beach. On the upper floor there is a landing for a helicopter. Guests are also brought to the hotel by cars from the hotel such as Rolls Royce and German luxury brands.
The Hotel Burj al Arab has 6 restaurants as well as other catering establishments. Al Mahara is surrounded by huge aquariums. In the restaurant Al Muntaha in more than 200 meters height one has a great view of Dubai City and the sea.
Guest at the 7-star hotel Burj al Arab
Of course you can simply rent one of the apartments in the luxury hotel of Dubai. Another possibility is to eat at the hotel. You can book this in advance on the German website Getyourguide. There is both the option dinner and lunch. With 200 euro per person inclusive beverages one must count however. But it is an experience you will remember for the rest of your life. Staying overnight in Burj al Arab Dubai costs many times as much.
Further information and location Burj al Arab
Next to the Burj al Arab is a large water park (theme park) called Wild Wadi Waterpark. Also the newest architecture project „The World“ can be seen from the upper floors of the Burj al Arab. The luxury hostel is about 8 kilometers south of the shopping center Dubai Mall and the highest building in the world Burj Khalifa. The subway stop „First Abu Shabi Bank“ is about 1.5 km away. The famous beach „Jumeirah Beach“ is almost next to the artificial island on which the 7-star hotel stands.
The shape of the hotel is reminiscent of a sail. Translated, the name „Burj al Arab“ means „Arab Tower“. The artificial island of the hotel is connected to the country. The marble of the facade of the hotel comes from Carrara in Tuscany. Inside the hotel large quantities of gold leaf were used.
We think that the Burj al Arab is still one of the big sights in Dubai. It is definitely one of the best hotels in the world.
Important tip: buy tickets for Dubai beforehand
Some tickets for Dubai should be bought in advance. Some tickets are only available in limited numbers (often sold out), other sights require a long wait without a ticket. You can also book great trips to the desert and other emirates on the Internet. We recommend the following tickets:
– Take the lift to the highest house in the world (Burj Khalifa): More information and booking
– Excursion in the desert, a must for every visitor to Dubai: More information and booking
– Great city tour Dubai (duration 4 hours): More information and booking
– Excursion to Abu Dhabi: More information and booking
More great sights in Dubai
Also for other attractions and tours in Dubai you should buy tickets in advance on the Internet. It is difficult to find the right agency on the spot, often there are long queues or the tours are sold out.
1. Water Park Wild Wadi: Directly in Dubai, not far from the best hotel in the world, the Burj al Arab. One of the best water parks in the world. There are far more than swimming pools and slides, a total of more than 30 major attractions such as rides. You have to see the Waterpark Wild Wadi! >>> More info and booking
2. Aquaventure Waterpark: Not far from Wild Wadi Waterpark on the gigantic artificial island of Palm. One of the largest water parks in the world. Many rides, other attractions, gigantic slides, beach and animals like sharks. The Aquaventure Water Park is a must to visit when travelling to Dubai. >>> More info and booking
3. City tour Dubai: From our point of view the best city tour in Dubai. With hotel pick-up, all important sights of Dubai. Daily mornings and afternoons. >>> More info and booking
4. Boat tour Dubai: A great boat tour with sights of Dubai like Palm Jumeirah, Hotel Burj Al Arab and Marina Dubai. >>> More info and booking